ECU electronic injection system in automotive vehicles.
The FT550 is an engine fuel control and monitoring system from Fuel Tech: electronic fuel injection, integrated dashboard, data acquisition and power management.
The FuelTech FT550 is the best ECU for projects that require more features, includingGearController(power-shifts),built-in accelerometer(G-meter) and gyroscope; In addition to all PowerFT ECU line features such assequential injection and ignition, O2 closed loop,active traction control, integrated BoostController, internal datalogger, progressive and PRO-Nitrous controls,odometers, electronic throttle control, inclinometer, drag racing features and more.
It also features a sturdy and high-qualitywaterproofplastic case, automotive connectors with 52 pins, USB communication and two CAN Bus ports, 14 inputs and 24 outputs that are fully configurable.
Features the same FT600dashboard design, including features likeengine start button, newinclinometer gaugesandvirtual LEDsfor arrows, headlights and other functions. The screen allowsediting the maps directly on the module, without the need for computer use, seamless integration between the ECU and Vehicle dashboard!
The FT550 ECU use the sameFTManagersoftware of the FT600, with all the exact same features and functionalities, including the newest update that allows the user to update their fuel map byapplying the O2 closed loop corrections that took place from a log file. The map files of all the PowerFT ECUs are compatible with each other, meaning that you can upgrade ECUs and keep the same tune you had already.
• Otto cycle engine control for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 cylinders • Wankel engine control (rotary) for 2, 3 and 4 rotors • Full sequential ignition control, semi-sequential and multipoint control • Ignition control through trigger wheel or distributor • Full sequential ignition or wasted spark • Closed loop injection through oxygen sensor (wide band lambda sensor)1 • AMP SUPERSEAL automotive connectors • Electronic throttle body Control (Drive-By-Wire) • Ignition timing and actuator based Idle control (electronic throttle body, stepper motor, or PWM valve) • Real-time adjustable maps on the screen and on the FTManager software (including internet remote tuning) • IP67 Waterproof sealed case made from polished ABS
• Differential input for RPM signal • Cam sync input (including multi-teeth cam sync triggers) • 14 input channels fully customizable – digital and analog (temperature, pressure, speed and position sensors, TPS, external MAP, buttons, keys, etc.) • 2 inputs with a high gain pre-amplifier usually used with a strain gauge sensor • Adjustable sensor reading scale • Built-in accelerometer and gyroscope • Internal MAP sensor of 7 bar (1 bar vacuum and 6 bar positive pressure) • 1 USB port for computer and FuelTech software connection • 2 CAN ports for FuelTech FTCAN 2.0 or FTCAN 1.0 • FuelTech equipment: WB-O2 Nano, EGT-8 CAN, FTSPARK and SwitchPanel • Third party equipment: Racepak IQ3, VNET, AiM, etc)
• Total of 24 general-purpose outputs: (all of which can be used for general accessories as fuel pump, thermatic fans, valves or injectors for BoostController, solenoids, etc.) • 12 open collector outputs: recommended for high impedance injectors (up to 4 injectors per output) – it is possible to set up to 24 outputs using external FuelTech Peak and Hold drivers • 8 open collector outputs with a 5V current source: recommended for ignition control • 8 PUSH-PULL or HALF BRIDGE outputs: suitable for ignition, stepper motor control, electronic throttle body and to activate loads by 12V instead of ground
• Built-in dashboard which displays different sizes and styles to be used with any existing equipment or sensor • Dashboard can have up to 4 screens with navigation through the screen or an external button • 4 Virtual LEDs with combined activations for up to 3 conditions • Diagnostic panel with real-time information of all inputs, outputs, CAN, Status Events and engine diagnostics • Customizable splash screen allows the user to select the image shown on the FT550 start up screen
• Full sequential injection for up to 20 outputs • Closed loop fuel control through O2 sensor (wide band sensor) 1 • 2 injection banks (Bank A and Bank B) • Primary map though MAP, TPS or RPM • Advanced 3D primary map with up to 32x32 cells (completely adjustable map index and size) • Simplified 2D map with up to 1x32 cells by MAP or TPS and RPM compensation of up to 1x32 cells (completely adjustable map index and size) • Injection time resolution of 0.001ms • Acceleration fuel enrichment and decay adjustment • Individual cylinder trim setting by MAP or RPM • Injector compensation through: • Engine temperature • Air temperature • Battery voltage (individual per bank) • TPS or MAP • Starting engine map with the engine temperature • Prime pulse table • Post start enrichment • Gear based fuel compensation • Gear shift fuel compensation • Fuel injection angle table • Injectors dead time compensation by battery voltage
• Sequential ignition for up to 12 cylinders • Main map by MAP, TPS or RPM • Advanced 3D primary map with up to 32x32 cells (completely adjustable map index and size) • Simplified 2D map with up to 1x32 cells per MAP or TPS and RPM compensation of up to 1x32 cells (completely adjustable map index and size) • Injection angle resolution of 0.01° • Individual cylinder injection settings • Ignition timing compensation by air temperature • Ignition timing compensation by engine temperature • Gear based timing compensation